Credits: 5 ECT | Date: 6.08.2018 – 17.08.2018 | Type: Summer school learning projects | Language: English | Application period: 15.03.2018-15.05.2018
Smart Campus Innovation Lab (SCIL) offers a 2-week authentic project-based, hands-on, learning experience. This course will be all about learning-by-doing. You will get familiar with lean, agile, and human-centered principles and can apply them to service development.
During the course, Lean Service Creation (LSC) tools are used. LSC is a design process, set of tools, and handbook that combines the best practices of service design thinking, lean startup, and agile development. LSC is an effective and efficient method for the design and implementation of new products and services. LSC is developed by Futurice Ltd. For more information about LSC: http://leanservicecreation.com.
Learning outcomes: After successful completion of the course the participant knows the basics of creating a concept that meets a selected objective and related real user needs:
- How to formulate an objective that is aligned with your mission & strategy and can be measured with concrete key metrics
- The basics of customer grouping and how to gather user insight with interviews
- The basics of brainstorming and how to crystallize a selected idea sets into a concept description and value proposition
- How to plan customer engagement in advance
- How to test and validate a concept and its value proposition
- How to apply design thinking and agile principles to the creation of new services or products and improvement of existing ones
- How to constantly improve teamwork and communication
- How to bring customer value into everyday work
- Gain valuable experiences from interdisciplinary teamwork and agile project methods
How to apply?
Please, check the timetable for ’SCIL – Lean creation workshop’ before applying, you can also read full description of the course and other practicalities on the Tampere Summer School 2018 page, apply via Tampere Summer School 2018 to enjoy summer studies in the heart of Finland!
Tampere Summer School is a great opportunity for students and graduates from all over the world to attend international summer courses with high-quality teaching and inspiring atmosphere. Tampere Summer School 2018 is jointly organised by University of Tampere (UTA), Tampere University of Technology (TUT) and Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK). We offer over 30 courses covering various academic fields and up-to-date topics on both Bachelor and Master level. In addition to studying, the students have the opportunity to enjoy the endless Finnish summer nights, make new international friends and discover Tampere, the vibrant student city located between two beautiful lakes. Our Social Programme offers a range of after-class activities, from relaxing in the sauna to canoeing across the lake and visiting the quiet forests.
Tampere Summer School will be organised 6 – 17 August 2018, and the application period is 15 March – 15 May 2018.
The courses are free of charge for new exchange students of UTA, TUT and TAMK!
This course will be all about learning-by-doing. You will get familiar with lean, agile, and human-centered principles and can apply them to service development.
“I really liked and enjoyed Tampere Summer School as an exchange student. I had a chance to meet with many other international students from many countries of the world for the first time, with whom we shared different life experiences. The teachers are very competent with what they teach with extremely new and interesting teaching methods.”
(Azania, Tanzania – Tampere Summer School participant in 2017)